Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2015 05:00

USB redirect with WYSE V10L for Citrix XenDesktop 4.0

USB redirect with WYSE V10L for Citrix XenDesktop 4.0

I have just made my Citrix 12.0 Online client work on PCs for USB redirection. I added the policy in the presentation server console. However, I see no option to bring the USB redirection to the V10L as the ThinOS appears to simply logon without any options. I do see the low level OS check box for USB redirection but nothing occurs when I attach a device.

I have read some items about the TSX USB visualizer. Do I need this and if so, do I need to purchase a license from WYSE in addition to acquiring the V10L devices?

Any assistance is appreciated.

3 Posts

July 1st, 2015 06:00

Thank you for that. I just had no idea about the 7.0. Couldn't really find anything on point other than TSX. I saw your post and then called support. Turns out I have two new V10LE devices purchased about 88 days ago! Will upgrade to WTOS 7 and try it out. Thanks again!

167 Posts

What version are you using? WTOS 7 introduced support for native Citrix HDX USB (so Wyse TCX USB software is no longer needed). In the connection options you should see a dropdown box for TCX USB vs HDX USB once you are on WTOS 7 (also there is an INI parameter in the INI Reference guide for central configuration)

3 Posts

I have run into another problem with this USB issue from above. The suggestion by hangulo worked like a charm in that the upgrade to 7.x included teh CItrix HDX USB support. We upgraded to V10L boxes from 6.5.x to 7.0.1.x. However, we have two other older (only about 9 months older) V10L boxes which had 6.4.x software on them. The knowledge base solution #10566 helped with the upgrade from 6.5 to 7.0 but we could not get the 6.4 to upgrade.

Is anyone aware of any different procedure to use to upgrade the 6.4 software using the FPT/HTTP/HTTPS method described in the KB10556 article? 

This would put this situation to bed for us.

Thank you in advance.

167 Posts

July 1st, 2015 08:00

Upgrade to WTOS 7 only is supported from builds 6.5.0_23 or later. I suggest first upgrading those boxes to build 6.5.0_23 or _30 and then upgrade to WTOS 7

No Events found!