Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2015 09:00

V10L, WTOS 7, and XenApp 6 - Cant' get it to connect.

V10L, WTOS 7, and XenApp 6 - Cant' get it to connect.

We just upgraded our Citrix server to XenApp 6. I've got several V10L thin clients and I just upgraded them to WTOS 7 (after finding out that the older WTOS won't work with XenApp 6). However, I still cannot get them to connect to the new server.

They can still connect to our old Citrix server running PS 4.5. I've even tried setting up a manual connection on the thin client (not using the .INI files)...when I browse for ICA servers, it shows the old server, but not the new one.

What am I missing to get them to connect to the new XenApp 6 server? Thanks.

~bruno71

167 Posts

June 29th, 2015 09:00

Maybe your XA6 server is missing a pnagent site? Best way to test is to try connecting to XA6 server using the Citrix online plug-in for windows. The online plug-in also uses PNagent for authentication just like ThinOS

6 Posts

July 1st, 2015 03:00

The Web Interface works just fine. I setup the "XenApp Web Site" and it is working from any PC. I also setup the "XenApp Services Site" (PNAgent site), but that is what I am not sure about. How should it be configured for the Wyse thin clients running WTOS that will be accessing it over the LAN? When I try to connect to the PNAgent site with IE, I get a 403 Access Denied error saying I don't have permission. What am I missing?

~bruno71

167 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 04:00

The pnagent site is basically a way for non-browsers to log into Web Interface so dont think it will work through a browser. Try loggin int from a PC using the Citrix online-plugin (not a browser).

6 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 04:00

The Full Online plugin seemed to work fine. It listed the applications and I was able to launch them. But I still cannot connect via our Wyse thin clients. Even when I'm logged in as an administrator on the thin client, I try to manually add a new ICA connection. When I browse for the server, it only shows the old server. Not the new server. Any other ideas?

167 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 05:00

I'm thinking its best to open a support case with Wyse at this point, as this may require a bit more capturing of logs, etc

3 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 06:00

edit: got it to work: I had to explicitly add the port (8080), which I for some reason didn't have to do with our XA5 farm which uses the same port, and I had to enable http browsing. Works just fine now..

Hello bruno,

would you have found a solution to this? I'm testing a C10LE with the newest firmware (7.0_113) and I can't connect to a xenapp 6 published desktop either. Xenapp 5 works just fine. Pinging to and from the server is all right, and I can connect with the XA6 server using an ica client on a pc just fine.
I'm configuring the ica session manually on the client as I suppose those settings have the same effect as configuring them using an ini file.
It should be very straightforward: entering a "browser server" in the connection settings of an ica connection, and I should be able to choose the available published applications. It works just fine with XA5, but no result with XA6. Event log doesn't say anything.

6 Posts

I'll try...but the experience I've had so far with support and the "self-service portal" has not been very positive at all. It's amazing how frustrating and un-helpful it has been.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

The Full Online plugin seemed to work fine. It listed the applications and I was able to launch them. But I still cannot connect via our Wyse thin clients. Even when I'm logged in as an administrator on the thin client, I try to manually add a new ICA connection. When I browse for the server, it only shows the old server. Not the new server. Any other ideas?

2 Posts

Has anyone came up with a resolution to this issue? We have escalated to Wyse and they have sent us two patches, however the issue is still occurring exactly as described in this thread the only exception is we cannot connect to a XenApp 5 farm. There are no issues when connecting to 4.5. However the Web Interfaces for the 4.5 farm are not being load balanced. 

I am curious to know if the people in this thread are also load balancing the Web Interface behind an F5 or Netscaler. 

My company is currently deploying Wyse Clients (model c10le / WTOS version 7.0_113) that are connecting to a XenApp 5 FR3 HFR06 on 2003 32bit and HFR01 2008 32bit environment. The XenApp services sites are activate on two WI's (version 5.4) that are being load balanced by a F5. 

After the applications are enumerated back to the client device, when the user attempts to launch them the applications hang or do not launch at all. Investigation reveals the server is registering a 500 error when the issue occurs. The following headers are returned in the 500 response - DPErrorId: CharlotteErrorBadCredentials DPError:

ICA clients installed on laptops do not have any issue, regardless of operating system. (Linux, Mac, Win) and when the F5 is by passed there is not an issue.

No Events found!