Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2016 21:00

VirtualBox RDP and Audio

Hi,

I try to use my wyse thin client (0x0d) to connect VirtualBox VMs (running in headless mode). Everything work fine except audio.

Other client (rdesktop) can connect the VM and I get the sound. but not with the thin client. Is there any known incompatibility?

Regards,

Jordan

560 Posts

February 17th, 2016 08:00

Jordan102,

There is no particular reason why you shouldn't be able to connect to VirtualBox, we don't test against it, but it should work. We don't have a model 0x0d, so if you can include the "Product ID" information and the firmware version, I may be able to provide with better guidance on this issue.

1 Message

April 18th, 2016 03:00

Hi!

I can confirm the issue - quite annoying and a no go for the deployment of Wyse Thin Clients.

No audio with the combination D10D (ThinOS 8.2, RDP-Protocol, tried AudioQuality={high,medium,low} even knowing it is HDX-related).

Connection takes place with VRDP of VirtualBox and not with the OS running in the Guest.

Audio works between VirtualBox VRDP and rdesktop as well as Windwos Remote Desktop Client, so it looks more like a problem with the thin client software.

Regards,

Rick

No Events found!