Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 28th, 2015 21:00

WTOS 7 certificate issue with VMware VIEW 5.1

WTOS 7 certificate issue with VMware VIEW 5.1

I have some V10LE's that are connecting to a VMware VIEW 5.1 connection broker. I have set the WNOS file up so that I am directed to my broker and i have also used the AddCertificate=cert.crt lines to add my root/intermediate certificates. When my Thin Client boots up it attempts connection to the broker and I am given a "the hostname in the certificate is invalid or does not match". If I open a web browser on my PC I can input the same URL that my TC connects to and I get a nice green lock icon. I can even click show more information and verify that the url matches the certificate url. I'm using version 7.1_122 of WTOS and network solutions commercially signed certificates.

June 28th, 2015 21:00

Quote Originally Posted by bjm534 View Post

I have some V10LE's that are connecting to a VMware VIEW 5.1 connection broker. I have set the WNOS file up so that I am directed to my broker and i have also used the AddCertificate=cert.crt lines to add my root/intermediate certificates. When my Thin Client boots up it attempts connection to the broker and I am given a "the hostname in the certificate is invalid or does not match". If I open a web browser on my PC I can input the same URL that my TC connects to and I get a nice green lock icon. I can even click show more information and verify that the url matches the certificate url. I'm using version 7.1_122 of WTOS and network solutions commercially signed certificates.
I was having this exact same problem except we are using a self signed cert and V10L's. It would still connect to the broker even after the error by just clicking continue. I corrected mine by listing the FQDN for the broker server in the wnos.ini file instead of just the server name. A very simple fix but something I had overlooked.

June 28th, 2015 22:00

I corrected mine by listing the FQDN for the broker server in the wnos.ini file instead of just the server name.

beauty deals in uae 
best beauty deals
best deals for dubai

No Events found!