Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2017 14:00

Wyse ThinOS 8.4_110 with VMware Horizon 7 self service password reset

Hello everyone

I am currently working on a problem where I need to be able to allow users whom have forgotten their password to reset that password without visiting a kiosk or picking up the phone.

The current thin client platform is controlled with the Teradici solution which has options built in to allow the automatic sign in to a horizon desktop pool that is specifically used for password reset (opens web browser at login) and the credentials to connect to this pool are securely saved within the Teradici mgmt solution so that user interaction is not required.  

The devices are ThinOS, so have no web browser, we would have used that if it were available.  We cannot change to another thin client (so no Thin Linux etc) as we have too many devices.

I have been experimenting with the advanced features of the Wyse Management Suite ThinOS profiles and have worked out a way to present multiple horizon brokers using the following all on one line:

SelectServerList=VDI Description="Horizon 7" Host="vdinew.company.com" Description="Horizon 6 " Host="vdi.company.com"

This all works as expected and we can change between old and new environments for testing purposes.  I was hoping to add the password reset connections this way and found I can almost get there by adding the following to the end of the ini line above

Description="Password Reset" Host=host1 AutoConnect=yes Username=dave Password=password1

This does allow me to switch to the password reset desktop connection broker but the username and password are not passed through.

Is there anyone out there in the community that has experience in getting the above to work? 

Thanks

1 Message

June 13th, 2018 16:00

Just curious if you ever found a solution to this.  We have the same issue!

No Events found!