Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 10th, 2015 05:00

Auto Shutdown

Auto Shutdown

For wyse thin os I always used "AutoSignoff=yes Shutdown=yes" so that when the last rdp connection closed the thin client would shut down. For PC extender the only part that works is AutoSignoff=yes. Does anyone know of a way to make PC extender shutdown when all connections are closed?

Thanks,
Ron

3 Posts

June 10th, 2015 08:00

Can you please help me get this going? Here is what I have. I am rolling out 17 of these T10 thin clients on our network. So far I have deployed 6 and 3 of them act normal. You can log out of the RDP session and then shutdown the T10 without issue. I was able to get them to automatically present a log in screen to the user. The other 3 you log out of the RDP session and then shutdown the T10 using the shutdown on the screen and it does nothing. If the user powers off the unit with the power button then unit will not work again until the power supply is unplugged for a few seconds then plugged back in. These things were chosen to make my life simpler but so far not so much. Is there a way to keep the function where the T10 presents the user with the log in screen when powered on but as soon as the user logs out of the RDP session it will power down automatically? You know act more like a PC?

Here is the ini file I am using right now:

SignOn=0
SessionConfig=all mapdisks=yes
Autoload=0
AutoShutdown=yes
EnableGKey=yes
Privilege=none
Timeserver=192.168.1.2,192.168.1.3 Timeformat="12-hour format" Dateformat=mm/dd/yyyy
TimeZone='GMT - 06:00' ManualOverride=yes
Desktop=Desktop.jpg
LastUserName=Yes
Include=$mac.ini

Connect=RDP \
Host=192.168.1.4 \
Description="servername" \
DomainName=domain.com \
Autoconnect=yes \
LocalCopy=no

Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks

3 Posts

June 11th, 2015 01:00

Figured this out!

Here is the generalized ini file I used. Now the user logs out of the RDP session and the thin client powers off like a PC. When they push the power button to turn it back on the user is presented with a log in screen. Yay!

SignOn=0
SessionConfig=all mapdisks=yes
Autoload=0
AutoSignoff=yes Shutdown=yes
Shutdowncounter=1
ShutDown=turnoff
EnableGKey=yes
Privilege=none
Timeserver=192.168.1.2,192.168.1.3 Timeformat="12-hour format" Dateformat=mm/dd/yyyy
TimeZone='GMT - 06:00' ManualOverride=yes
Desktop=Desktop.jpg
LastUserName=Yes
Include=$mac.ini

Connect=RDP \
Host=192.168.1.4 \
Description="servername" \
DomainName=domain.com \
Autoconnect=yes \
LocalCopy=no

I hope this helps someone as I have been completely flummoxed by this for a while.

No Events found!