Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

June 10th, 2015 08:00

USB Session Level Redirection on Terminal Server

USB Session Level Redirection on Terminal Server

I cannot find an explanation of this new feature anywhere. The release notes has only this:

TCX Suite takes the USB redirection feature to the next level by allowing users to select the interfaces on composite USB devices (for example, composite devices such as all-in-one printers—fax, printer and scanner). Users can select the interfaces they want to redirect to the remote desktop (such as just fax only, or fax and scanner, and so on). Along with this level of control, users will automatically obtain session level restrictions while working in a terminal server environment.

Which isn't very clear. Does this new feature mean I can restrict redirected devices to one session? Is it only available when redirecting a single interface on a composite USB device? How do I set it up? What are the restrictions?

Can anybody explain this feature or point me to some documentation on it?

623 Posts

Go to www.wyse.com/manuals and search for "22951" This is the article number for the TCX Suite 5.0 documentation and look under chapter 9.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

20 Posts

I've read through that documentation but it does not explain how the session level redirection works or how it should be configured. It basically just rehashes a few paragraphs from the USB redirection section.

I've been working with Wyse support for two weeks and they still haven't been able to show me how it's suppose to work.

No Events found!