Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 6th, 2015 04:00

Client activation using Windows and Office MAK key

Question Client activation using Windows and Office MAK key

Hi,
we have 25 clients and bought 25 licenses for Win7 and Office 2010.
we were given a mak key and it activates the image in private mode.
but when the mode has been changed into volatile the other clients are complaining about activation. admin account activates them also but with the first restart the activation pops up again since the cache has been deleted.

how can i solve this problem? i dont want to use the clients in persistent mode which would be a partial solution. please help.

thanks

200 Posts

June 6th, 2015 04:00

What you describe is the expected behavior when using MAK keys.
You have two options:
- use persistent cache mode and activate each client individually (you must do this again after every OS Image patching action)
- use a volume license key and KMS server (this is the supported option as listed per product release notes and WSM Installation Manual)

200 Posts

June 6th, 2015 05:00

From http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/e...tivation.aspx:......Key Management Service (KMS), requiring a KMS key.

Please contact your Microsoft licensing expert on how to get the Windows Product Activation keys to use KMS for Windows 7 and Office 2010 activation.

This video includes first hand information from MS on OS licensing with Wyse WSM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dry-OnAary8

4 Posts

June 6th, 2015 05:00

Quote Originally Posted by mhaase View Post

What you describe is the expected behavior when using MAK keys. 
You have two options: 
- use persistent cache mode and activate each client individually (you must do this again after every OS Image patching action)
- use a volume license key and KMS server (this is the supported option as listed per product release notes and WSM Installation Manual)

can i use KMS server with MAK? or does it have to be a volume license key?

No Events found!