Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 9th, 2015 05:00

Image creation question

Question Image creation question

I have a concrete question regarding the creation of WSM images:

After I've run the vDiskCapture and captured the image to server, the client requests a restart right? The question is; should the next boot be streamed from server or should it be local? I cannot find this in the WSM documentation, and I often get errors when the "PostCapture" process runs after the restart...

9 Posts

The only related error I've seen is with a non-English client OS, however I've never tried separate partitions yet.

2 Posts

Dear,

I've test to create a reference image with separate page file and user profile option, but after the reboot of my reference device, i've got the following error "PostVDiskCapture ERROR Failed to format VDisk partition d:\ error 18, 0",

i've test to reinstall all the solution, the OS... but already the same error.

My config :

Windows 2003 R2 - WSM 3.5
Wyse R00L and Windows XP SP3 VL.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

28 Posts

Thanks, I'll try that on the image I'm creating now.

28 Posts

That worked 

9 Posts

You should reboot to the local OS, it will then finish the capture and be ready for addition in the WSM UI.

Stian

28 Posts

June 9th, 2015 07:00

I've seen this error before - and it was when I tried to separate the swap partition. There was no particular reason for me to do this, so I just skipped the extra partitions and it went well after that.

2 Posts

June 9th, 2015 08:00

I will test this method on Friday, then i will update the post; i just want to test to separate the partition to test the installation of OfficeScan antivirus. Have you ever try to install officescan on wsm thin client?

Thx. a lot.

28 Posts

June 9th, 2015 08:00

I've never used antivirus on WSM clients in a production environment. We ran some tests with Sophos on a very small test environment. This seemed to work ok, but I've no idea how it would perform in production.

1 Message

June 9th, 2015 09:00

Max, it should work even with a swap partition. If you still encounter errors, please post the content of the file "C:\Program Files\Wyse\WSM\log\osmout.txt" to this thread. Also, what language is your Win XP OS? (English? Other?)

No Events found!