Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 9th, 2015 04:00

Manual Uninstall of WSM Client?

Manual Uninstall of WSM Client?

I got some error messages installing the client on Windows 7 Ent. x64 ref. Failed installing the driver, is it supported?

If it is, how can i manually uninstall the client? The uninstall routine in windows gives me error messages and fails.

Ketil Lidahl
Systems Consultant
Norsk Data Senter

32 Posts

June 9th, 2015 04:00

Below are the steps for the 32bit Windows OS. As 64bit is not yet supported, it may work too but if not, you will have to reinstall the OS.
This process should be used ONLY if the WSM Client software was partially installed, and the system is in a state where the software cannot be uninstalled (or reinstalled) using Control Panel.
The process involves changes to the system registry, and should be performed only by trained and experienced personnel.
It is strongly recommended that a full system backup is performed first.
Please exit all other applications prior to using this process.

1. Under Control Panel / Services, check for a service named “WSM Client”. If it exists and is running, stop the service.
2. Run “regedit”
a. Delete the following key (WSM) if it exists: HKLM\Software\Wyse\WSM
b. Starting at the top level (“My Computer”), search for the key “7E3F2645347615A45” and delete all instances of it. Search for just the key, not values or data that may contain this string. Note that there will be multiple instances of this key
c. Starting at the top level (“My Computer”), search for the key „5462F3E7” and delete all instances of it. Search for just the key, not values or data that may contain this string. Note that there will be multiple instances of this key.
3. Close “regedit”
4. Restart the computer and re-install the WSM Client software

200 Posts

June 16th, 2015 01:00

Again, 64bit Client OS is not supported!

32 Posts

June 16th, 2015 01:00

I tried turning UAC off and installing av administrator, on x64, but i get Failure Calling AttachBootNNF while installing the OSM-driver. Think i'll have to reinstall the ref. with x86.

Ketil Lidahl
Systems Consultant
Norsk Data Senter

No Events found!