Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

June 6th, 2015 06:00

New to WSM and WYSE THIN CLIENTS...

New to WSM and WYSE THIN CLIENTS...

I have briefly looked at WYSE's KB for help with common errors that we are having.

Is there a place where wyse or someone else has created a list of errors and problems with the fix for this software and their thin clients?

Just wondering. I am thinking of starting a thread if not and I will share my organizations trials and tribulations with the community.

Currently, the school that I work for is using about 500 thin clients using WSM 3.6 and we have seen major issues slowing down our school. I want help and I want to be able to help others out as we move forward.

Thanks,

Grub

200 Posts

Your primary source of help should be the local Wyse Post Sales Organization and the Reseller you have purchased WSM from. Both can open a path to 2nd and 3rd level support if needed.
You can also open a case using the Self-Service portal on www.wyse.com/.../index.asp

21 Posts

Hi Grub, I would find value in you posting your orgainzations problems/fixes with WSM. I am trying to do the same thing. I am new to WSM and have made some "rookie" mistakes. With 500 clients you must have seen many things we will all encounter.

The lack of info on the internet leads me to believe this solution is not widely deployed worldwide. I like it so far, and am considering a ;large expansion in our school, but am concerned about the lack of "help" available.

23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhaase View Post

Your primary source of help should be the local Wyse Post Sales Organization and the Reseller you have purchased WSM from. Both can open a path to 2nd and 3rd level support if needed.
You can also open a case using the Self-Service portal on http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsupport/index.asp

My primary source for help has been this forum so a sticky with error codes and solutions would be great! We are a small, non-profit organization that cannot afford the support packages that WYSE provides. WYSE service and support has been improved, but it's far from ideal.

No Events found!