Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2015 10:00

Servers and Clients are both in a separate networks

Exclamation Servers and Clients are both in a separate networks

i have installed WSM V7 x64 fresh installation, Database and Streamdir on the same server.
OS. windows 2012 standard x64. streaming images are (Win7 x86 and 8.1 x86). all of that in Domain environment.

the issue is: the devices are in (10.2.41.xxx) and server in (10.2.4.xxx), apparently the devices could not reach the server although i had V.5 installed earlier and it was working fine.

B.N. that the servers network (10.2.4.xxx) does not have DHCP running on it, we are using IP helper option on the core switch to allow the traffic to reach the specific WYSE server.

does anyone knows how to fix this issue.

i found out that Option 66 and 67 is not enabled, still Version 5.0.1 is working without enable those options on the DHCP server.

anyway i will check with the network team to enable those options but i need to know what IP should in send for the (66 option) is it the Core server, and if i did so; how about the load balance between the core and edge.

200 Posts

Have you completed steps 1-6 as suggested above?

OT 66 does not Support an Array and Points to single Server for downloading the WSM Bootstrap, but Clients will still load Balance between Servers for Streaming.
Still this is good enough for a workaround and to see if the Problem is with the DHCP Proxy Service or Routing in the Network.

#Iwork4Dell

200 Posts

Hello,

- what is the error message on the Client side?
- are there any Errors logged in the WSM Server log files, i.e. in C:\Program Files\Wyse\WSM\admin.log and WSMAdminService.log?
- check the Windows Event logs to see if there are any error Messages.
- is the DHCP Proxy Service on the WSM Server running and configured to listen on port 69?
- do the MAC-Adresses of the devices exist in the WSM Admin Console?
- have you verified that the client request (DHCP broadcast) is received on the WSM Server by using a Network sniffer (i.e Wireshark)?
- as a Workaround, configure DHCP Option Tag 66 and 67 on the core switch and tell the Clients this way where to go and download the WSM bootstrap.

• 66 = IP of WSM Server
  • 67 = VLDRMI13.BIN

- if the issue exists, please create a Support Case on http://support.wyse.com and attach a completed WSM Troubleshooting Form, log files and Screen shots of the error Messages and Server side Settings.

Hope this helps!

#Iwork4Dell

June 5th, 2015 06:00

Thx a lot, this issue have been solved after configure OT 66 and 67 :-)

No Events found!