Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 4th, 2015 07:00

Uniplat

Uniplat

Hi

I got different laptops that we needs to boot off same image file, ran through the uniplat prodecure -

*diskpart - made 4 partitions on hdd, laptop1,laptop2, z00d, uniplat
*hide partition laptop2, z00d
*installed win7x86sp1 on laptop1 (no 100mb boot part)
*tuned, installed wsm client, utilities
*ran uniplat, made .wup file to a usb disk
*hide laptop1, unhide+active laptop2
*install win7x86sp1, wsmclient+util
*uniplat restore from laptop1.wup from usb disk to uniplat partition
*made uniplat partition active, and tried to boot it, BCD error, cant boot

and that's there I'm stuck. any tips?

thanks on advantage!

E

200 Posts

June 4th, 2015 09:00

Thanks for sharing!
Let us know how it works to create an image for different laptop types.
Be careful with the vendor specific utilities that start with Windows, as these often throw an error message when the hardware is different and/or eat up system resources unnecessarily if not used.
The best advice I can give is to start with the minimum drivers required and go with the built-in drivers of Windows first.

63 Posts

June 4th, 2015 09:00

To clarify what I've been trying:

Used WSM Client utilites setup that came with latest WSM version 5.0.1

Scenarios:
Windows 7 Professional w/ SP1 - English
Windows 7 Professional - English
Windows 7 Professional w/ SP1 - English - without 100mb boot partition
Windows 7 Professional - English - without 100mb boot partition
(And all the same for Norwegian version, and tested both the user that windowssetup created, and enabled the builtin administrator, no success)

Also I tried to uniplat-backup from a network connected WSM client, same problem.

I'm wondering, are there different uniplat versions which I could test? What other things could influence this?

63 Posts

June 10th, 2015 09:00

chrisjacob: No, please read post #17 , that was a bug in Uniplat, which worked only halfway if I type c: in backup source input instead of c:\

63 Posts

It fits perfect with my habits, as I always let Windows drivers be, and only installs drivers only on those yellow-marked devices in Device Manager. I never use to run "setup", I'll rather unpack with 7zip and let the update device driver find the files and install itself. At this way I keep vendor-specific programs down to a minimum. However, I've stumbled upon some devices which I HAVE to run Setup, but its rare. :-)

So far I got a golden image up for HP Probook 6460b and 6570b, planning to add more later. Looking good so far.

In this case the best option is to Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment. Put the CD in and select option "Press any key to boot from CD" when the system is booting. Then select Repair, go with windows installation, and select Repair your computer at system recovery options. Check whether this fixes the issue.

Chris
microneedle derma roller

No Events found!