Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2015 09:00

WSM 7.1 Device group

Exclamation WSM 7.1 Device group

does anyone knows the different between cache mode (server) and cache mode (client)?

I'm using Presistent mode, which cache mode should u use or fit my needs; and from where i can get installation and administration guide for this release (WSM 7.1).

200 Posts

June 3rd, 2015 09:00

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by  ahmed ezz  View Post
does anyone knows the different between cache mode (server) and cache mode (client)? I'm using Presistent mode, which cache mode should u use or fit my Needs.

Server side cache is what you are using today where the write cache files of the clients are stored in the StreamingDir\writecache folder hosted on the WSM Server.
Client cache is a new feature introduced in WSM 7, which allows keeping the write cache file locally on the client. This feature supports volatile and persistant Cache mode, and caching of reads and writes from the WSM Server. Without having Clients with local storage (HDD/SDD), you cannot take advance of it.

Quote Originally Posted by  ahmed ezz  View Post

....where i can get installation and administration guide for this release (WSM 7.1).

The WSM Installation Guide has been incorporated into Admin Guide. 
The WSM 7.x Admin Guide is updated frequently, and can be accessed here or from within the WSM Admin Console by clicking the help link.

#Iwork4Dell

No Events found!