Start a Conversation

Unsolved

CT

2 Posts

July 2nd, 2020 05:00

Wyse 5070 'losing' configuration

Good morning!  We are rolling out Wyse and we have this problem only on the Win10 LTSB units where they just go to a desktop instead of their assigned Wyse shell.  They are checking in, they are in the correct groups, but they just...stop doing their group things.  Dropping and re-adding them to the group resolves the issue.

Has anyone encountered this?  It seems to happen after an internet drop, switch reboot etc.  Anything that causes them to lose connection.

Cheers

1 Rookie

• 

18 Posts

July 15th, 2020 05:00

Exact same problem for over 8 months accross 2 models (5060 and 5070). I have gotten nothing on previous questions. We can't get Wi-Fi to stick, we lose configs almost weekly at a manufacturing location on the other side of the US. It's been super frustrating. Only thing I've been able to do is to make it a little easier to "fix"

If you are able to VNC to the device, log in as admin and unregister and then register again and it picks up on the config with no other changes....of course after about 15 min it goes into standby and I lose the ability to VNC to it and have to call someone to go out and reboot it again.

July 15th, 2020 06:00

Oh thanks!  Thats at least something.  

We use ConnectWise in our environment, so we pushed that as an application to the devics.  Lets us wake them up when they go to sleep.  Any wake-on-LAN tool can do it though.

July 17th, 2020 14:00

We've had a ticket that open for a similar issue.  I'm not 100% sure if it's the same issue, but with our issue units would and still are unregistering by themselves.  I tracked the logs and found that the MQTT settings weren't getting picked up.and would auto unregister dumping all the configurations.  If you're lucky it'll pickup the DNS or DHCP settings and re-registered, but any personalized settings were lost.

The ticket was closed because according to Dell Support a patch will be out in September to address the issue.

No Events found!