Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2015 07:00

3150se typing hangs?

3150se typing hangs?

I'm not sure how to explain it but the user can be typing along, and the cursor just freezes.
It can be "unfrozen" by moving the mouse to the cursor and then clicking the mouse and it
does unfreeze. However when clicked the cursor drops to the next line, and any text typed
in after the "freeze" is NOT there, and the user has to go back and retype.

Now this is my 1st set ever to reconfigure, we bought a lot off of ebay, and all I did was blank
the previous settings and entered my own. I have setup other terminals for other dealerships we
have, and so far no issues. I got out one yesterday and tried it, and i could NOT get it to freeze?

So is it my lack of understanding on howto setup a terminal (very well might be) == or could it
be something in the RDP session itself? I had the user login with someone else's credentials, and
the 'freeze' remains.

Please help..any information or suggestions is greatly appreciated..

One Day Closer...

Quote Originally Posted by dyarritu View Post

Could be hardware related like a short either on the input device or the port itself. Have you tried swapping the keyboard--or putting the keyboard on another port ps2 vs usb, if available?

Never thought of that..very well could be the keyboard, because is the 2nd terminal placed there.
But I don't think we changed out the keyboard...but I will contact the user and make that change.

Thank you, never would've thought of the keyboard itself being bad..

One Day Closer...

Well when I configured them I used a USB keyboard and mouse, not a PS2, 
so it could be the port OR the keyboard itself. The user is going to go get a 
USB keyboard and try it and then let me know.

One Day Closer...

7 Posts

Yes, a shorted keyboard would be very unusual. You also might want to consider that the short might be a damaged solder on the PS2/USB port on the device unless you can rule that out if your unit was certified/tested prior to purchase(?).

7 Posts

Could be hardware related like a short either on the input device or the port itself. Have you tried swapping the keyboard--or putting the keyboard on another port ... ps2 vs usb or vice-versa, if available?

1 Message

July 2nd, 2015 08:00

Since the Wyse adapters use a specific chipset (google it!) it is possible if you get other USB wifi adapters using the same hardware. Drivers do not care on brands, but on hardware so the existing Wyse drivers will most probably work (eventually with some minor hacks, like editing some text files). The trick is done for many wifi adapters for macs.
I do not have more specific info at hand, but last time I checked did not use much time, but I am also interested. Iirc, the Wyse adapters used some Ralink hardware or maybe Realtek... Maybe somebody knows better...
Have a wonderful day!

Get free demos for www.learnalanguage.com exam and mcts exam with 100% guaranteed success. Our best quality collegeboard prepares you well before appearing in the final exams of eliwayne

July 2nd, 2015 08:00

No Luck...

Well not only did swap the keyboard out, we swapped out the mouse as well...

Neither made a difference....so now I'm back to thinking its something to do with

the way I configured it (or misconfigured it) I wondering if someone has changed

the configuration of the switch port that this terminal is using..???

Any other suggestions...please advise..

One Day Closer...

No Events found!