Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2015 10:00

I/O error while flashing - RESOLVED

Smile I/O error while flashing - RESOLVED

Hello.

I have flashed a device and now it refuses to boot. It only boots up into text mode. The last line says: Operating System not found

During flashing many messages about I/O errors scrolled by. Does that mean I will have to send the device in for service?

The device "sda" is mentioned. Does this refer to the USB-flashdrive or the internal flash-module? I have tried using two different USB-flashdrives.

Sample line:
Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 2797230

==Addtional information==
I have tried all three firmwares given on the website. (V8.01 B685, V7.01 B641, V7.01 B659)

The sticker on the back of the device says:
Wyse
MODEL NO: Rx0LE
R90LEW WES 1.5G 2GF/1GR INTL
PART NO: 909542-02L
SUB-ASSY P/N: 849197-02L
SERIAL NO: 291DK100049
DATE MANUFACTURED: JANUARY-2011

Cheers,
hklinge

2 Posts

Issue closed. Flash replaced.

The issue is closed. The device was still under warranty. I sent the device in for repair. It has had its flash module replaced free of charge.

1 Message

Quote Originally Posted by hklinge View Post

The issue is closed. The device was still under warranty. I sent the device in for repair. It has had its flash module replaced free of charge.

I have the same issue long time ago with my flash, and that was not under warranty..I just simply searched out the web and find a great solution for that..that was a simple firmware that i installed and flash started working again...

custom stickers | custom bumper stickers

Facing the same problem, thanks for the suggestion...

Decals Printing | Labels Printing

No Events found!