Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2015 08:00

New Owner. Boot to full privileges.

New Owner. Boot to full privileges.

Hopefully I can explain what I need to accomplish clearly.
I have purchased a brand new Wyse C90LEW running Windows XP embedded.
I want it specifically for it's small size as it will run engine management software in real time in a functioning vehicle
I want it to boot to an account with full administrative rights and no password and run software which will be installed on a 64gb SanDisc Cruzer Fit usb drive.
I need it to connect automatically to a wireless network and have Bluetooth capability. (I have a tiny usb dongle)
Long term I would like to boot directly from a small usb hdd to a full install of XP Professional.
I am new to thin clients.
Where do I start making changes from the default setup?

623 Posts

Westic,
You may want to go to www.wyse.com/manuals to get the Admin Guide, Quick Start Guide and Users Guide for the C90LEW. To get into the Admin you will need to press and hold the shift key and logoff. This will bring up both the Administrator and User Account login screen. The Administrator account is Wyse#123. Please note the Windows Embedded is not meant to be use as a computer OS, but it's geared up for thin clients. The C90LEW is too small to handle and internal drive so your options would be limited to an external drive. Good luck on your project.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3 Posts

After spending a few hours reading this forum I realise it is akin to a ghost town populated by the occasional tumbleweed from the outside world and that there is almost zero assistance to be garnered from anyone in any way remotely linked to the Dell.
92 percent of all posts go unanswered in any way?

Tokenism personified.

I'm off to a forum designed to answer questions...
Adue.

No Events found!