Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

BD

July 3rd, 2015 08:00

Screen Painting/Tearing Issue

Angry Screen Painting/Tearing Issue

Hello Forum users and support agents,

I am having an issue that I am hoping you can point me in the right direction on. The issue I am having is on our S30 thin clients. When a user signs into the Main Desktop connection their profile loads fine and everything is working in terms of the session.

Our users at any time can hit "Ctrl + Alt + End" and the connection manager will come up. Then the user is able to click on LDOC which is an RDP connection to another server. This session will come up fine as well and the user is able to logon.

When the user wants to leave LDOC and go back to the Main Desktop they hit "Ctrl + Alt + End" and we have an issue where the connection is made however the screen does not update or refresh properly. If I click the task bar and start clicking around the screen I can almost paint the Main Desktop back. I am calling it screen tearing. This happens on multiple users and multiple devices.

Example of Screen tearing Below

I have made adjustments on the thin client to the memory allocation and that did not seem to do anything to resolve this issue.

And ideas?

thanks

Brian Deatherage

4 Posts

i want to silk-screen some shirts, i have my other materials but i don't know which type of ink i should use. Can i use acrylic paint or is there a special type of ink for silk screen painting ??

Marketing forum

4 Posts

i want to silk-screen some shirts, i have my other materials but i don't know which type of ink i should use. Can i use acrylic paint or is there a special type of ink for silk screen painting ??

community forum

Update

In more testing I have found that when switching between RDP to RDP connections the screen tearing issue does not happen everything works perfectly.

Its only when switching from my RDP back to the active ICA connection does the tearing start happening.

thanks

Brian

Resolution

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX125315

Server side fix. Issue with the 4.5 farm Citrix hot fix is online.

Giving up on this post as no one is responding anyway.

Brian

1 Message

Brian, I am experiencing the same issue that you started at the beginning of the thread. I have talked to Wyse support for quite a bit on this and they have not as yet mentioned anything like the hot fix for citrix in our discussions. I will bring this hotfix up with the server team and see where we can go from there. Have you tried out this hotfix yet? Did it fix the problem that you had with the wyse thin clients? As a note on this, none of our thin clients running WTOS of almost any version have had a problem as yet.

No Events found!