Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2015 02:00

Solution for imaging clients in multiple locations?

Solution for imaging clients in multiple locations?

Hey all,

I was hoping to find a solution for imaging C90LEW terminals in multiple locations, doesnt have to be the same time, but I dont want to be pushing out from WDM at our head office to different branches, 1.2GB over the WAN per unit is really excessive.

Does anyone know of a way to use a Wyse terminal a mirror or something similar to it?, for example I have branch in another country, instead of pushing the image from country a to country b I can send a command to re-image a wyse terminal and it will image itself off another thin terminal within its own branch.

Or is there any programs/tools I can use to customize a C90LEW, WDM was fine for older thin terminals because you can customize each setting as needed with config files, I cant see anything in WDM to modify the setup on a C90LEW?

If anyone can help me I would be really really appreciative

Thankyou!

-Greg

29 Posts

May 29th, 2015 05:00

WDM Enterprise with Remote Repositories

you can use WDM Enterprise and setup Remote Repositories.
to use a Remote Repository.. all you need is an FTP server at the remote Branches.
you can configure WDM Enterprise to associate each subnet with a FTP server (Repository).
Then when you schedule a job , the terminal will use the FTP server that is assigned to the subnet that the terminal belongs to.
you can read more about WDM Enterprise and the remote repository feature in the WDM admin guide.

hope this helps.

http://tinyurl.com/3kczxwu

5 Posts

May 29th, 2015 06:00

Cheers DaFishe, I will give it a go!, 

Really appreciate your help, I will also post here to let people know if it worked out for me when im done testing!

ta

No Events found!