Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J2

July 15th, 2015 05:00

USB Flash Drives

USB Flash Drives

I am going to be using WYSE terms with Windows CE on it. This will be in an environment with Terminal Server. Are USB Flash drives supported to run as local drives? Also are USB hard drives supported as local drives? The end user will just be remote desktop into the Terminal Server and I would like to know if these are going to show as local drives.

Do all of the newest WYSE CE models on WYSE's website support USB flash drives?

623 Posts

Support for USB devices on Windows CE depends on your Device model and the firmware version installed on the device. External drives are not supported on Windows CE, but USB Flash drive are supported on some versions.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4 Posts

July 15th, 2015 06:00

My company has recently prohibited copying official information on USB flash drives. We in IT dept need to monitor any unauthorised use. We cannot disable USB ports as mouse, scanners, printers & plotters are also used. Are there any softwares available to monitor usage/copying of data on USB drives by any employee?

Marketing forum

10 Posts

USB External Hard Drivesthese are going to show as local drives
But, popular gadgets such as USB hard drives, USB Gadgets, floppy discs and CD ROM's are notorious for carrying viruses and other hidden threats.

Ideal is the beacon. Without ideal , there is no secure direction ; without direction , there is no life

All things are difficult before they are easy.

6 Posts

You can prevent Windows from local assembly units of certain letters being put into USBDLM is a Windows service that lets you control the allocation of window drive letter for USB drives. Running as service makes it independent of the session user privileges, so no need to give users the privilege to change drive letters.

No Events found!