Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

May 19th, 2015 08:00

Join to domain

Join to domain

I'm looking for the proper steps to take in order to join our new Z90S7, Windows Embedded 7 devices to the domain. I found an article stating that we can do this via WDM but the link didn't work to obtain the scripts. Will we need to do SysPrep if pushed out via WDM? Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Troy

67 Posts

Use a vb script that works with Windows 7 to renaming PCs and it will work on WES7. You can call the VBscript from the prep4man process.

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com...-00c3841d983b/

NewCompName = "MS211-" + Mac_Add

One of the nice things about Wyse Windows Embedded devices is that the name is stored separate from the image, so once you name it, the name will not change, no matter how many times you image it. Saving you a step in the deployment process.

4 Posts

Thanks! It worked very well. Had to change the AutoLogon registry entry so it would always allow for domain login. Do you know if there's a way to modify the naming convention during this process? Wyse uses WES and MAC address and at the very least, we'd like to change the WES to something that makes sense in our network. We're a school system and would like to use the Lab names (MS211-MacAddress) or something similar. It would mostly make the devices a lot easier to define within AD. Thanks!

67 Posts

Check out Solution 21541: Windows Embedded Standard - Joining Domain Best Practices
Also, sysprep is included in the image for WES7, check out this article to properly prep your image before deploying it: Solution 21542: Windows Embedded Standard - How to Prepare an Image for Deployment

3 Posts

May 19th, 2015 09:00

I"m new to Wyse, where do you go to look at the solutions?

1 Message

I'm new also and I'm not sure where I go to find this solution 21541. I searched on this site, microsoft and googled it, but no luck. Please advise. Thanks

1 Message

Originally Posted by gregbpopstar 

I'm new also and I'm not sure where I go to find this solution 21541. I searched on this site, microsoft and googled it, but no luck. Please advise. Thanks

The site is the Wyse Support and Self Service site

No Events found!