Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 18th, 2015 04:00

Keep getting a Temporary Profile on WYSE D90D7 Thin Client

Keep getting a Temporary Profile on WYSE D90D7 Thin Client

Hello,
We have a WYSE D90D7 that has a Windows 7 Embedded Standard 7 OS (32 bit). We have joined this client to our domain.
ISSUE:
I try to login on the client using an Active Directory account. All is well after the first login, but when I log out and try to log back in again, for some reason Windows will say that "You have been logged on with a temporary profile. You cannot access your files and files created in this profile will be deleted when you log off. To fix this, log and try logging on later." I would try to log out and log back in later, but still is still greeted with the same issue.

I've ran sfc /scannow several times and supposedly it has found some corrupted files and has fixed them.
I am still encountering the temporary profile issue however. Desktop items, and all items for the AD account all seem is not retained.
Has anyone seen this issue before, and can anyone offer any solution to this issue I am seeing?
I appreciate all the help.

25 Posts

Cleanup agent or write filer?

There two different services, Cleanup I've found is required for things to work like joining the domain and changing the name at the same time. Write filer is more for keeping then TC clean of temp files, junk IE addins and things along those lines. allenn76 that is the same order in which I make my edits.

3 Posts

Hi Heagz, thanks for the response. I believe I've tried the stuff you have mentioned with regards to modifying the netxclean.ini settings - I've set to NOT clean profiles, have added the AD account in the [Profiles] to not clean up, have included the user directory in the [DontDeleteDirs] section, but unfortunately the profile still gets wiped after logging out and logging back in. 

The only way I have been able to keep the AD user profile is basically doing the following steps:
1. Logged in as administrator and disabled Write Filter. Logged out afterwards.
2. Logged in as domain user - configured the desktop, programs, startup, etc. Logged out after all changes.
3. Logged back in as the local Administrator, then enabled Write Filter back.

After doing these, the AD user profile does not get "cleared" anymore. I don't know if this is the best way to deal with this, but so far, for what I needed to do in the Wyse client, doing those steps have worked. Hope this helps the others who may have come across the same issue.

No Events found!