Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 19th, 2015 00:00

x90m7 user thread

x90m7 user thread

Hello forumites.

I hope it is a good idea to start a thread for discussion of this client, where users can share experiences.

So far, the x90m7 has been nothing but good, for me. I have not suffered any wireless problems, which I have seen mentioned in another thread.

The build quality of the unit feels a lot better than that of many modern laptops to have passed through my hands.

Connections, I have used the client to Remote Desktop to my Windows 7 box, which was easily done.

Purchased a 4GB stick from crucial as a RAM upgrade, 1333 (PC3-10600) 1.35v, which I will test soon.

As far as flash RAM is concerned, I have drawn a blank. If anyone has upgraded their storage, I would be grateful for any information regarding that.

There is a space inside the client for a 3g WWAN card, which I am looking to fill. Anyone have positive or negative experience of that.

The screen is beautiful, although relatively low-resolution by today's standards. This will save some power though. Speakers are very quiet.

I hope you are all enjoying the experience of using the x90m7. As a newbie to thin clients, progressing slowly, but thoroughly enjoying myself here.

x90m7 | Flash 64 | RAM 8 | WES7[601] - I can feel it.

4 months of use, x90m7 review.

The excellent internal components of the x90m7 I purchased are let down somewhat by unit build quality. In less that 6 months ,of limited use, one hinge has failed and one internal speaker has developed a fault. High temperature continues to be an annoyance.

I was unable to make any contact with WYSE Customer Service, so cannot say whether they could offer help on these issues, but will presume not.

While being initially very impressed by my first WYSE acquisition, lack of support, coupled with a fragile product has left me largely unimpressed.

Tear-down of my faulty x90m7 today revealed the hinge was intact, the plastic base of the laptop had broken internally, where the hinge is attached with screws.

Replacing the cpu thermal paste was simple, hopefully there may be a small gain here using premium product.

Finding a replacement for the plastic base has been very difficult, even with all the help Dell/ WYSE support can muster. Only joking! I am still unable to make any contact with support, after months of owning the product. I would advise against buying any product from Dell/ WYSE based on this, unless you are comfortable without any official support.

I will post a photo guide to taking the unit apart soon, it is fairly simple.

1 Message

I am experiencing the wireless issue with the x90m7. What thread were the wirless issues posted you mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by NewUser View Post

WES7 boots with one( or two) 4GB sticks, WYSE Client Information shows RAM Capacity 2.35 GB( from 1.6GB, with 2GB installed). A limitation of the OS, disappointing. Booting the client in a linux OS showed the full 8GB RAM available. 

Replacing storage was far easier than expected, a horizontal sata ssd not being necessary.

Purchased a Huawei E3231 for 3g communications, now discarded, which, although compatible, only functions outdoors.

Logging in to the admin account was only possible using the accessibility on-screen keyboard, for me.

World of Tanks 8.0 runs in 1366x768 at 9-17 fps, just playable.

Internal sensor reports 50 degrees centigrade during 
hid headlight kits use, which is rather hot. I intend to take the unit apart and check the thermal interface, any disassembly guides available?

It is nice to follow your thread you keep it updated. I am glad to have these small reviews and now I am looking to get x90m7. Thanks for information

Update

WES7 boots with one( or two) 4GB sticks, WYSE Client Information shows RAM Capacity 2.35 GB( from 1.6GB, with 2GB installed). A limitation of the OS, disappointing. Booting the client in a linux OS showed the full 8GB RAM available.

Replacing storage was far easier than expected, a horizontal sata ssd not being necessary.

Purchased a Huawei E3231 for 3g communications, now discarded, which, although compatible, only functions outdoors.

Logging in to the admin account was only possible using the accessibility on-screen keyboard, for me.

World of Tanks 8.0 runs in 1366x768 at 9-17 fps, just playable.

Internal sensor reports 50 degrees centigrade during light use, which is rather hot. I intend to take the unit apart and check the thermal interface, any disassembly guides available?

No Events found!