Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 17th, 2015 11:00

Native Webcam support - Xenith with XenApp 6

Hi,
we're exploring the possiblities with Xenith and R10 clients and are currently looking at the support for webcams in collaboration with Office Communications Server (OCS). 

We've done the configuration server wise and confirmed it working with our laptops. I know webcams work through a XenDesktop connection on Wyse clients, but what about XenApp?

After spending some time searching for a solution, blogging and posting treads on several forums, I've heard rumors that the only supported webcam nativly on the Xenith is Logitech Pro 9000. I've got that webcam but can't get it working with my Xenapp 6 installation. Anyone got it working without TCX?

The next question goes for the Branch Repeater support. The whitepaper says that the clients are BR aware. What does that mean? Do we still have to have a BR locally on our branch locations or does it work as a BR client incorporated in WTOS?

Hope someone at Wyse takes the time to answer this...

Happy to help. Let us know after you give it a try which models work and dont work for you!

As far as webcam support, the recently introduced Xenith 1.5 further enhances the supported webcams such that almost any webcam that supports the UVC driver (very common) should work. See the following post under ThinOS section for more details:http://community.wyse.com/forum/show...nOS-amp-Citrix
(Note that this information also applies to Xenith as both ThinOS7 and Xenith are built on the Wyse Zero engine)

Regarding your question about Branch Repeater support, ThinOS supports accelerated connections working through Branch Repeaters but does not have a local BR client incorporated since ThinOS does not cache data locally. This mean you need to have a BR at each Branch.

Hope that helps,
-Hector

Hi, we're exploring the possiblities with Xenith and R10 clients and are currently looking at the support for webcams in collaboration with Office

Very good information, thanks for that. I allways thought Wyse to be vague when saying that they supported webcams locally. They never thought to mention which models and in what way   Now on the other hand, we got it in writing how this works, and thats great 

Lets hope that the update ships early in january, cant wait to start testing..

No Events found!