Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2015 03:00

Unable to Reset Password - Resolved

Unable to Reset Password - Resolved

Using Xenith Pro Thin clients and XenDesktop 6.5, both XP and W7 VMs. We're having a problem where the user doesn't get the standard prompt that their password is about to expire and once it expires the user is prompted to change it but the change is unsuccessful. The users are able to change their password thru the web interface and from physical workstations.

Is there a setting on the Xenith Pros that I'm missing that would enable the user to reset their Windows password and also prompt them before it actually expires?

Thanks

10 Posts

May 11th, 2015 03:00

So I turned off the reminder that the password was about to expire on the domain, and upgraded the thin clients to FW 2.0_017 and the users are now able to change their passwords and to log in up until their password actually expires. Seems kind of odd that the xenith doesn't handle the reminder message and instead just doesn't allow the user to log on, but according to support that's how they are suppose to work, eg the user isn't suppose to be able to change their password until it has expired.

May 29th, 2015 07:00

TimWalshMi Using Xenith Pro Thin clients and XenDesktop 6.5, both XP and W7 VMs. We're having a problem where the user doesn't get the standard prompt that their password is about to expire and once it expires the user is prompted to change it but the change is unsuccessful. The users are able to change their password thru the web interface and from physical workstations.so basically here we came to know how we can reset our password of our windows computer......

Is there a setting on the Xenith Pros that I'm missing that would enable the user to reset their Windows password and also prompt them before it actually expire?

No Events found!