Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 12th, 2015 08:00

Uppgrade firmware on Xenith for HDX client

Uppgrade firmware on Xenith for HDX client

Hi everyone,

We are testing a new Xenith for HDX client with Xenapp 6 and want to upgrade to the latest firmware (Wyse® Xenith™ v1.5)
Have read all the manuals, but can't find anything in the documentation howto upgrade the firmware.
We have downloaded the firmware file (C00_xen) from the support site.

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks in advance,

Mattias

June 9th, 2015 05:00

Read the manual and have autoload=2. Still no joy. Btw, the manual doesn't tell you what (or how many files) are needed for the upgrade. I just have the C00_xen.dat file in the wnos directory yet when I look at the Event Log on the xenith it has the following entries:
"16: Checking Software ftp:/wnos/C00_xen"
"17: Checking Software ftp:/wnos/C10_wnos"

What is C10_wnos? Is it a requirement?

I had to add the MIME type to IIS before it would work on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by grogge View Post

Hi everyone,

We are testing a new Xenith for HDX client with Xenapp 6 and want to upgrade to the latest firmware (Wyse® Xenith™ v1.5)
Have read all the manuals, but can't find anything in the documentation howto upgrade the firmware. 
We have downloaded the firmware file (C00_xen) from the support site.

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks in advance,

Mattias

Put the firmware file in the same folder as your .ini settings and make sure you have the autoload=2 in your settings somewhere. =2 is upgrade only.

167 Posts

Looks like somehow your COO_xen file got a bad extenstion.. remove the ".dat", this is the only file needed to upgrade. C10_wnos is not relevant for upgrading.. it checks to see if you have ThinOS deployed to try to use that configuration file for hybrid deploments

167 Posts

Check out the Admin Guide for Xenith at the link below. There is a chapter on how to setup automatic upgrades https://support.wyse.com/OA_HTML/csk...BV2a2DbawofX3Q..

No Events found!