Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

May 11th, 2015 04:00

Wyse 3002-Xenith 3 getting .INI files from HTTP or FTP

Wyse 3002-Xenith 3 getting .INI files from HTTP or FTP

I have the new Wyse 3002-Xenith 3, and I have a question. It appears that I cannot get .ini files from an IIS server like I can from previous devices (T10's, D50's and Xenith 2's) using either HTTP or FTP. All I get from the device in the event log is "Contacting File Server", then "Cannot access system profile".

This is very strange, I can browse to the folder on the IIS site, and the permissions are set properly. I have setup this type of configuration in other environments. MIME Types are specified. Directory browsing is enabled. Directory structure is created properly. IIS reset on multiple occasions. This is not a complex setup, and has worked for me in the past.

I have not setup option tags as of yet, this is locally specified on the device using the Central Configuration, File Servers/Path. Once this is validated, then option tags will be configured and used.

The device can ping the location (IP and DNS resolution is working), so I am looking for other options.

There is not much (any) documentation that I can find about this device's configuration, other than older Xenith 2 documentation on Wyse Support and Self-Service site. This device is very cool, and works well using manual configuration. I need to automate some of the configuration so we are consistent across the board, so any assistance is appreciated.

May 11th, 2015 04:00

I checked with our Network team and they are implementing NAC on the switch ports. I had them turn off any controls to the port the Wyse device was connected to and everything worked correctly.

So we are going to have to work through that.

No Events found!