Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Message

December 16th, 2018 15:00

Add SSD drive PowerEdge T30

Hi. I would like to know if it's possible to add an SSD drive to a T30. If that is possible, could I use any SSD or someone special kind? Thanks in advance.

9 Legend

• 

12.3K Posts

December 16th, 2018 15:00

According to Crucial the T30 has been 100% guaranteed compatible with a 2.5" SSD up to 2 TB in storage capacity.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Dell/poweredge-t30#SSDFilters

1 Message

May 28th, 2019 11:00

Jocean

Buenas, tiene razón crucial indica que hay SSD que son soportados para PowerEdge T30 pero Dell que he revisado y consultado en mi país al representante e indicaron que ese modelo de servidor no soporta SSD!! seria bueno que de algún modo se manifieste Dell y diga si este revisión por parte de Crucial son avaladas, para así hacer una compra segura ya que en mi país poco importan de Crucial.

Tengo un servidor así, por eso de la consulta. 

saludos

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

June 3rd, 2019 19:00

Hi @cesvil,

Could you please post in English or use Google translator?  Also, language selection is at the top of the forum.  EN = English, ES = Español, and so on.

The above post translated to English:

Good, is crucial reason indicates that there are SSDs that are supported for PowerEdge T30 but Dell that I have reviewed and consulted in my country to the representative and indicated that that server model does not support SSD !! It would be good for Dell to show up in some way and say if this revision by Crucial is guaranteed, in order to make a safe purchase because in my country Crucial does not matter much. I have a server like that, that's why the query.

regards

September 29th, 2019 20:00

As far as a computer is concerned, a SATA drive is a SATA drive, whether it is mechanical or SSD. I pulled the original (slow) HDD and optical drive (Dell - it would sure be nice to be able to get the filler plate!).  I put two Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB SSD's where the optical drive was and a Seagate IronWolf 4 TB where the original HDD was. Works like a champ! I have it dual-booted Windows Server 2016 and Server 2019 on the first SSD and I use the second SSD for my VM's. Most of my data is on the IronWolf.

No Events found!