Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 22nd, 2022 04:00

Can't get my Logitech z150 speakers to work with my XPS 8950

Hi folks

I'm just setting up my XPS 8950 for the first time. All is fine but my speakers aren't working and am wondering what I've missed.

I know they work because I just tried them with my laptop (also running W11).  Unless there's something wrong with the jack (the green one - and i've tried all six of them), then I doubt it's anything internal as my XBox headset connects by Bluetooth fine.

I have the Realtek Audio driver installed but the speakers still won't work.

I can see from Device Manager that the speakers are listed and is listed to be working properly.

I have tried running the trouble shooter (enhancements are turned off - and I have run the speakers down to 16 bit) but still nothing.  I see that the system seems to want me to use "Audio Endpoint" rather than the Realtek driver - is there a way around that so I can see if that might be prob?

Or can anyone think of something I might have missed?   All help greatly appreciated...

ta

Neil

12 Posts

April 22nd, 2022 18:00

Actually I just fixed it.  The normal Realtek driver won't work with the sound card. I found an ALC3861 driver for Realtek that was obviously specific to the card that Dell now uses.

All fixed now.

Thanks to everyone that helped! Really appreciate it.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 22nd, 2022 05:00

This might not help but check out the info about headphones volume here--

Logitech Z150 Manual Setup and Review Stereo Speaker (logitechfilesoftware.com)

Also disconnect the headphones and check the settings in Sound Settings. Run the sound troubleshooter.

No Events found!