Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Community Manager

• 

377 Posts

July 25th, 2022 03:00

DS 07/25: You prefer to run your system, over wireless or ethernet network connection?

If given a choice, do you prefer running your system over wireless or ethernet for your network connection

For more questions regarding this contest, please visit the Information Page here.

1 Rookie

• 

443 Posts

July 25th, 2022 08:00

My laptop I always run with wireless but my main desktop is always hooked up with an ethernet cable. I'm old school and for some reason I feel like that is more reliable.( Even though I know that hasn't been true for a while.)

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

July 25th, 2022 09:00

Our XPS's of course can do both.

I consider the PC location in making the decision. Too far away or I'd have to string wire around the room.

Also, the speed of the ISP and the XPS. Cable will always give you the best ISP speed delivered, wireless due to slower 802.11 speed capability may not.

For some, there is no choice as they don't have wireless router or modem/router combo I guess?

Having 4000Mbps down speed, AX wireless and AX router, I'll go with wireless. Other XPS is AC only, so that woulds well with the AX router to deliver 400Mbps down as well.

Now if I had GB service, rather than invest in a new router I'd probably go wired to my XPS.

All depends on ISP speed and home PC placement for me.

No Events found!