Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2018 15:00

Dell 8900 XPS Security Manager

Hi, I have a big problem with logging in. I set my bios to default and now when it boot it wants my password but it will not show up in the box, nothing does. I put a brand new dell keyboard on and it still does the same. When I hit f2 on power on it ask for my password first.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get out of this pickle.

4 Operator

• 

3.2K Posts

February 27th, 2018 16:00

You need to look in the service manual. There is a procedure for clearing forgotten passwords. I would say that if you didn't have a password before, just setting your BIOS to default should not give you a password now.

4.4K Posts

February 27th, 2018 17:00

always had the password setup.

thanks

4.4K Posts

I reset it to default because I was doing a Acronis system recovery and I had some user setting in the bios.

thanks

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

Why did you reset BIOS to the defaults?

Sounds like one of the defaults might not be the correct setting for your system.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

February 27th, 2018 18:00

@boppo wrote:

I reset it to default because I was doing a Acronis system recovery and I had some user setting in the bios.

thanks

Why would any user's customized settings in BIOS affect an Acronis system recovery? I've used Acronis on my PC which has customized BIOS settings and never had a problem.

So now you probably have to figure out what the BIOS settings should be to allow you to boot this PC...

No Events found!