Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 3rd, 2022 09:00

P3223DE, Soundbar SB521A won't power on

Dell P3223DE

Dell P3223DE

When I connect the Dell Soundbar SB521A to my laptop, it automatically turns on. However, when I connect the Soundbar to my P3223DE, the power light flashes once but does not turn on? According to the data sheet, it is compatible. The P3223DE is not connected to a PC. I'm using it to stream Roku. Roku works fine, just no sound.

9 Legend

• 

11.7K Posts

December 4th, 2022 07:00

There you go.  The monitor would not power the sound bar via usb if the monitor is not first receiving dc power from a pc via a USB upstream cable.  All the USB ports of monitors work like that.  The ac power of monitor only supplies power to the lcd screen.

9 Legend

• 

11.7K Posts

December 3rd, 2022 09:00

Did you connect usb upstream cable bth pc and Dell 32 monitor?  The sound bar needs 5v usb power from monitor which derives it from pc, not from its own ac power.

December 4th, 2022 05:00

There is no PC connected. The monitor is plugged into AC outlet and soundbar is connected to monitor via USB. The monitor comes on but soundbar does not. Soundbar power light flashes once when USB is plugged in but does not stay on.

December 4th, 2022 10:00

I got the soundbar to work by connecting laptop to monitor using USB (laptop) to USB-C port on the monitor. The soundbar plays what is on the laptop. Is there a way to get the sound to play from the Roku connected via HDMI to monitor?

9 Legend

• 

11.7K Posts

December 4th, 2022 10:00

Laptop usb-c has power which powers the soundbar via usb cable.  Is the soundbar connected to roku via stereo jack audio cable?  If so you can use a wall mount usb charger (for cell phone etc.) to power the soundbar via usb cable.

8 Wizard

• 

6.1K Posts

December 4th, 2022 13:00

Speakers will required audio signals via TV out, audio out, etc...for playback.  I think you are not using a Roku TV, else it would have speakers and speakers out.  To get soundbar to play back audio from Roku content, you will have to connect the soundbar to your Roku player.  

It seems that your inquiry how to power on the soundbar has been resolved.

1 Rookie

• 

63 Posts

December 4th, 2022 21:00

Just curious, how is the sound quality  of this SB521A?   Some review said it is horrible so I am debatng myself.  

No Events found!