Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 5th, 2018 09:00

HDD Diagnostic error code failure: 2000-0142

So my pop's pc has been acting out lately. So I ran a diagnostics test to find out what the problem was. Turns out it was a 2000-0142. I know this problem is not solvable, and the only way is that you have to buy a new HDD to resolve this. BUT, I am not sure if the HDD can still be connected as an external HDD and take the files inside it, because my pop's 8-year long documents are in there. This is really important to him and he'd like it to be working again. 

If there is any other solutions of 2000-0142 or connecting a 2000-0142'd HDD to my pc that I don't know about, please let me know and I'll try anything out to bring it back to life. 

Things I tried:

• Reset pc (said that it cannot be completed)
  • Run it back to previous Win 10 Version (Cannot be completed)

So basically when Dell pc's are unsuccessful to reboot, there is a menu that pops up after 3 tries. I've tried every button in there and said that it cannot be completed. 

Thank you for your time and help.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

June 6th, 2018 07:00

If the system will still recognize the drive, try connecting it (externally if necessary) to a working system -- see what you can still read.

If you can't read the drive at all, then it's a matter of deciding the value of the data against the cost of data recovery.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 6th, 2018 08:00

Check the sata cable connection to the motherboard board before giving up. 

No Events found!