Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

May 4th, 2018 16:00

XPS 27-7760, Premier Wireless Keyboard & Mouse sales issue

I received the XPS 27-7760 AIO system with some cheap keyboard/mouse set, specifically the $49.99 Dell Wireless Keyboard & Mouse (KM636). The invoice lists item number 2MNWJ for this, which I cannot identify. Dell.com search for 2MNWJ returns: No results found for "2MNWJ"

After additional research, I found that I should be receiving $99.99 Dell Premier Wireless Keyboard & Mouse (KM717) with the XPS 27-7760 AIO system. So, why did I receive some cheap substitute with an otherwise premium system?

21 Posts

May 11th, 2018 13:00

I did not mean to keep it a secret, although, you are right, I did not mention in this thread that the product in question is certified refurbished. Are you aware of such a product being sold with accessories and/or programs that are different from retail new? It was not my understanding of the term refurbished, and does not sound right to me.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 12th, 2018 11:00

@Dcnmwrote:

is certified refurbished. Are you aware of such a product being sold with accessories and/or programs that are different from retail new?

No, I am not ... but I don't work for Dell.

However, it's possible since it's not NEW ... and surely explains how and why this happened. 

21 Posts

May 12th, 2018 21:00

Something to think about.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/buy_refurbished

As per Dell Outlet inventory descriptions:

"Certified Refurbished PCs are laptops and desktops that have been returned to Dell, put through the production process, and then again retested to ensure they meet all original factory specifications. Certified Refurbished systems may have some observable cosmetic blemishes, but they will not affect performance."

@Tesla1856: This definition doesn't explain why anyone, who bought refurbished, would get downgraded accessories, missing software and no way to get the later. I am still hoping the keyboard/mouse issue will eventually get resolved.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

May 13th, 2018 13:00

I told you in your other thread how you can download the "missing software" for free from Dell, so stop  already...

And keep in mind that you purchased from the Outlet. They may not have had a functional (eg, returned) mouse and keyboard available in the outlet store of the model you claim you should have gotten. So they may have sent what they had.

And the lower price between refurbished and  new will probably more than cover the cost for you buy whatever mouse and keyboard you want.

21 Posts

May 13th, 2018 19:00

@RoHewrote:

I told you in your other thread how you can download the "missing software" for free from Dell, so stop  already...

@RoHe: I cannot get SupportAssist OS Recovery from the place you kindly shared with me, i.e. http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-27-7760-aio/drivers, which, btw, I confused to be your sales pitch. Furthermore, technical support has confirmed that it would not be possible to get it on a refurbished system. So, I cannot wrap my head around your justifications, rather than let's go, Dell! Let's go!

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

May 14th, 2018 10:00

The outlet site for the 7760 model says: "Dell Wireless Desktop Keyboard & Mouse". It doesn't specify which keyboard and mouse. And if you put even the most expensive version of this model that's currently available at the outlet into your shopping card, you'd get to a page with options at extra cost:

Dell Premier Wireless Keyboard and Mouse - KM717
    Was $99.99 - Instant Savings $25
   + $74.99

So if you apparently didn't order and pay for it.

And if you'd done a Google, you would have found this page, with a link to download SupportAssist for PCs at Home.

21 Posts

May 14th, 2018 10:00

@RoHe: Extra cost is not an option. SupportAssist and SupportAssist OS Recovery are two different things. Thanks though.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 14th, 2018 12:00

Concerning the Wireless Keyboard & Mouse. The offerings on the NEW Dell sales site are vastly different than the Refurbished Dell sales site.

* The Certified Refurbished purchased systems only include the standard $49.99 KM636 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse

* If you had purchased from the NEW Dell sales site, after you chose a build and opened "Software & Accessories", you would have seen that the $99.99 KM717 Performance Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Combo and $79.99 KM714 Premium Keyboard & Mouse Combo were extra items that you had to click on to purchase. The main sales page of course cannot spell out all of these details, which is why we simply stated the best Wireless Keyboard & Mouse.

21 Posts

May 14th, 2018 13:00

@DELL-Chris Mwrote:
The offerings on the NEW Dell sales site are vastly different than the Refurbished Dell sales site.

@DELL-Chris M: Vastly is a strong word and quite worrisome in this context. What other differences does a refurbished product have, besides accessories?

It clearly wasn't my understanding and also contradicts Dell Outlet Inventory Description, which states that refurbished products "meet all original factory specifications."

On the outlet's product page, I don't see KM636 mentioned anywhere, but the pictures showcase KM717 explicitly.

Do you really think all this is fair with respect to all prospective clients and customers, who bought from the outlet?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 14th, 2018 13:00

What other differences does a refurbished product have, besides accessories?
* Outlet systems are refurbished, previously ordered new or scratch and dent. Supplies limited to stock on hand. Offers subject to change, not combinable with all other offers. Taxes, shipping, and other fees apply. Limit 5 items per customer. Offer not valid for Resellers. Dell reserves the right to cancel orders arising from pricing or other errors.

but the pictures showcase KM717 explicitly.
* The pictures are stock for both sales sites. We are not going to change the pictures to reflect every available configuration. Bottom line, at the point of sale you did not pay the extra $99.99 for the KM717.

Do you really thing all this is fair with respect to all prospective clients and customers, who bought from the outlet?
* It is not for me to discuss "fair". I am here to explain the sales site and to state Dell policies.

21 Posts

May 14th, 2018 14:00

@DELL-Chris M: Thanks, it explains a lot. One more question, if I may. Let's say someone buys new and doesn't pay extra $99.99 for the KM717. What keyboard/mouse set does he or she get?

(I guess you are saying something different, than what @Tesla1856 said before.)

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 15th, 2018 05:00

On the new system sales site, if the customer does not open "Software & Accessories" and specifically add the check to either the $99.99 KM717 Performance Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Combo or the $79.99 KM714 Premium Keyboard & Mouse Combo, then they will automatically receive the standard $49.99 KM636 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse.

No Events found!