Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2017 19:00

XPS 8700, Intel Rapid Storage Technology errors

Hopefully I am in the correct place.

I had to do a Factory Restore on my XPS 8700.  I now have an alert showing in the Intel Rapid Storage Technology application saying:

1. The Windows write-cache buffer flushing policy can be enabled for all RAID array drives to ensure data integrity or disabled to improve data performance.   I am unsure if I have to do anything here and, if so, what?
  2. Sata SSD on Controller 0, Port 5:  Incompatible.   I read what that means (volume moved to another system that does not support the volume type and configuration), however I have not added or removed anything from my system since it was shipped to me.  I am at a loss as to what I have to do and am only guessing at what it means.

I am attaching screen shots hoping someone can help before I continue restoring back to Win 10 and reinstating my files.

My storage drives (as shipped) was:

• 2TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive + 32GB mSATA Solid State Drive
  • (1 x SSDR, 32, S3, MCARD, SAMSUNG, CM851                                   )
  • (2 x SCREW, M2X3, K SCREW HEAD, MISCROSOFT, BLACK OXIDE)
  • (1 x HARD DRIVE, 2T, S3, 7.2K, 512E, SGT-GRDABP2                        )

Hoping someone can help me with this - I think my age is preventing me from getting my head around it.

2 Posts

September 1st, 2018 05:00

Dell will not help you, other than to send a tech with a refurbished motherboard.  After weeks of this, I took it upon myself to go into their F2 Bios and disable RAID Storage (Configured the SATA in ACHI mode.)   I had to reinstall Windows, and now the machine no longer crashes.  This is a Dell problem that they do not want to fix.

No Events found!