Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 2nd, 2019 19:00

XPS 8900, SE2716H, low volume fixed!

I have the Dell XPS 8900 and a Dell curved Monitor model SE2716H. I have owned this desktop for 2 1/2 years.

I really like it and it was an upgraded model when I bought it. I liked everything except the low audio. For all this time it upset me that I could hardly hear some things on YouTube. No one had an answer that worked.

I noticed that the monitor, which has speakers along the bottom, had some tiny push buttons on the bottom right side of the monitor. I thought that they probably adjusted the picture. Today I started pressing the buttons and found that there was a way of going through various menus and then I saw the audio adjustment. Now my speakers were set on 100% but the built in reading in the menu was 30%. I moved it to 100% and then played some music that was always too quiet. This time the music was so loud that I had to turn it down! So that was the problem all along for over 2 years! So if you have this curved 27" monitor, look for the tiny buttons on the bottom and fix your sound.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 5th, 2019 08:00

Glad that you found the fix. For all other SE2716H owner's, the volume control is shown on page 31 of the online SE2716H User's Guide =

No Events found!