Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

April 30th, 2018 18:00

XPS 8920, wake issues, monitor in PSM

My XPS 8920 video card did not wake up after the PC sleep. Everything started but monitor stay black in PSM (power save mode). I can wake up my PC only if I repeat push "Sleep" and "Wake Up" button on keyboard few times. Even when I turn off my PC using power button it's not waking up. System is Windows 10. The video card is AMD Radeon RX 480. Driver: 23.20.15017.3010, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc, 1/31/2018. All test for my system is passed. All software and BIOS is up to date according Dell "SupportAssist". Is anybody had similar problems? Is it safe to allow Dell support remote access to my computer?

8 Posts

May 6th, 2018 13:00

I have had the same problem from day one on the same machine with the same configuration. There are plenty of proposed fixes - sleep/wake usb settings, etc - but none work. I've resorted to not letting the machine go to sleep but even that doesn't work all the time.

This is a big enough issue that it needs to be fixed.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

May 6th, 2018 16:00

What video port is used to connect the monitor to PC? And have you tried using a different video port on both?

Have you tried disabling Hibernation, Hybrid Sleep, and PCI Link State Management, all "additional" settings on the Windows Power options screen?

(Edited)

No Events found!