Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

November 3rd, 2018 17:00

XPS One 2710, tried everything I could find

Hi,

I have the XPS One 2710 with Windows 10. Everything has been working for a couple years fine. Today, on start up I click on the space bar and a blue count down line shows. I press F12, F2, F8 and all I could find on this site.

Changed the battery, changed ram. Moved the CMOS pins many times. Unplugged all from motherboard, unplugged HDD, re plugged all. I even danced around the bloody thing. Any other ideas? 

732 Posts

November 3rd, 2018 21:00

@aplusbegalix wrote:

hi, i have xps 2710 one, windows 10 , every thing has been working for a couple years fine. today dell on start up click on the space bar and a blue count down line shows i press f12 f2 f8 and all i could find on this site.

changed the battery,  changed ram .moved the cmos pins many times unppluged all from mother board, unplugged hd, re plugged all i even danced around the bloody thing. any other ideas? 

Can you run any tests on it? Is anything on the screen? Does it actually boot up?

November 4th, 2018 08:00

the only thing i can do is turning it on and off any thing else it freezes on dell logo . no test possible  . i turn it on wait for a few seconds for the dell logo to show, then press space bar that start a blue line under the logo, anything  i push will make it freeze and freezes also if i do nothing at the end of countdown

7 Technologist

• 

12.1K Posts

November 4th, 2018 09:00

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 4th, 2018 09:00

All in ones are more a laptop than a desktop--everything integrated on the motherboard. That model is 6 yrs old now--a good life for a laptop and probably should be replaced with a new computer. Don't spend any money on it. 

732 Posts

November 4th, 2018 10:00

@Mary G wrote:

All in ones are more a laptop than a desktop--everything integrated on the motherboard. That model is 6 yrs old now--a good life for a laptop and probably should be replaced with a new computer. Don't spend any money on it. 

I agree but everybody gets upset when I recommend that because they are attached to their PC and don't realize they don't last forever. You can buy one part that blows out another part, etc etc and before you know it you spent more money on it than it's worth and all you have left is old technology on it's last leg.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 4th, 2018 11:00

@546insp wrote:

I agree but everybody gets upset when I recommend that 

I think there is no blanket answer.

There are several factors, including specifics about the machine (type, age, actual problem, etc.) but also the owners skill level and attitude. Many people don't want to learn how to "fix computers" or spend any significant time or effort. 

Not everything can be fixed in a forum. 

No Events found!