Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

April 21st, 2021 11:00

XPS8940 Logitech Unifying USB receiver cannot be detected

Logitech Options software cannot recognize the unifying receiver, but the mouse and keyboard work fine. I need Options software to customize keyboard shortcut keys. Here are some screenshots I took when I contacting Logitech support. 

The driver for my whole system is up to date. Based on the Dell Support app pre-installed on my computer. 

This is in Windows Settings, the receiver saying the driver is unavailable. 

Screenshot 2021-04-18 171515.png

This is a Unifying software Logitech support guy sent me. The computer cannot detect it. So they ask me to check this issue with the manufacturer. 

Screenshot 2021-04-18 172522.png

This is a screenshot from Logitech Options software. Screenshot 2021-04-18 165355.png

This is the device manager screenshot. 

Screenshot 2021-04-18 171446.png

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

April 23rd, 2021 22:00

@Chino de Oro @Jon-62 Yes, I am pretty sure that both devices and the receiver are unifying supported. And I've mentioned this many times under this thread, I can use the exact same setup on my MacBook, so this is definitely Dell's problem.

8 Wizard

• 

6.2K Posts

April 23rd, 2021 23:00

Re:  so this is definitely Dell's problem.

I don't speak for Dell but I think the issue is the receiver because both windows (Microsoft) and Logitech couldn't recognized the receiver as indicated on both of your screenshots.  Mouse and keyboard are working perfectly indicates the USB ports are working fine.

It wouldn't hurt to try this:  go to device manager, under Other devices, right click and uninstall all 3 Logitech Cordless Device (if you are no longer have the Sony headphone, you can remove the other 2 devices as well).  Go to Bluetooth & other devices of Windows settings, click on each of Logitech and select Remove device.  Reboot the machine and verify if windows is installing proper driver. 

If you are using the latest windows (20H2), check under View optional updates.  Some device drivers are listed under the optional group.

Whichever the outcome, I hope you will find the solution.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

April 28th, 2021 16:00

@futandrew  Good write-up and glad you got it sorted out, but...

The Logitech receiver should be connected to a rear USB2 port on the PC, not to a USB3 port. Don't know if that was your issue from the start.

And with no offense intended, I would recommend users do not download anything from your link. If they want Logitech's Setpoint software, they can download it directly from the Logitech site.

No Events found!