jsl2018
Copper

9570 - Acceptable backlight bleed?

Hello,

Coming from Apple platform for years and just got my 9570 delivered.  Looking at the back bleed issues, is this an acceptable/normal for this?  I got the i7-8750 w/ 4k UHD XPS 15.  The bleed is at the bottom only and I don't see it anywhere else.  Rest of the laptop seems ok.

I played a black screen on YouTube and also a website that has black image and put my brightness to 100% and this is what I see.

Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/Ts86lXh

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Re: 9570 - Acceptable backlight bleed?

Don't worry the black light bleed is pretty normal for the laptop these days i  too  own an Xps 15 9570 and it has some too....

0 Kudos
jsl2018
Copper

I called support to get their thoughts on what the threshold on the bleed is with these and they asked me to send them the picture.  Upon looking at it, they just came back to me and said that this is not acceptable and a replacement unit will be sent.   I can keep this until the new one arrives.  I will see which one is worse when it comes in :-)

Pretty happy with support so far.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Leon_k
Copper

Did you receive your new unit yet, and how is the bleed on that one? and do you mind showing your image?

0 Kudos

I have the same issue twice.

I received my Dell XPS 15 9570 on July 3rd, with a diagonal scratch on the side of the screen on the outer edge and the screen also had light bleed. Contacted Dell and they had a technician come and replace the screen. New screen had scratch on the aluminium on the same spot but not as long and this screen has light bleed also worse then the first screen.

Replacement screen photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bXMMEvfXzq3GsAtc8

0 Kudos

Thank you for your message.

Please change the brightness level of the screen does it change what's happening on the screen

Please check the screen with a bright background & check in an application like MS office.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos

Hello! So what is the result? Have you recieve your new laptop, is it OK? Or all this backlight bleed thing is OK?
0 Kudos
GM619
Bronze

Just like you I'm coming from a MBP and was wondering the same thing, although my bleeds are not as bad as yours. So I guess in my case, is any bleed considered acceptable?

The bottom right & left corners has the worst bleed.

20181103_211230.jpg

0 Kudos
GM619
Bronze

I bought 2 of these (one entry level and other maxed out) both have a little bleed on the bottom so I guess this is a common thing with this panel.

0 Kudos

I bought a Precision 5530 (it's basically a 9570) and the light bleeding was so horrible I returned it. I bought a Macbook Pro 15" 2018 and there is no light bleed at all. I am guessing you have to pay a premium price for a quality laptop these days...

0 Kudos