Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Rookie

• 

77 Posts

June 13th, 2019 23:00

XPS 15 9575 2-in-1, clean build Windows 10 1903, image no auto rotate

As above - i've just bought this second hand. i always clean build my laptops/pc's with an oem image so i know its clean. I've just built with 1903 and used all of the dell drivers and it will not auto rotate or go into tent mode.The device manager is clear (everything installed) and the latest sensor driver is installed also. I think it sees the laptop as, just a laptop as the auto rotate function in the quick list isn't there. I've also tried the registry to forcefully activate those options with no luck.

1 Rookie

• 

77 Posts

June 14th, 2019 00:00

Ok - so after a reboot and i have no idea why. i've now got an auto rotate button in the quick find area on the right, but, its greyed out. anyone have any idea how to sort that?

1 Rookie

• 

77 Posts

June 14th, 2019 02:00

So, moving on. if i flip the screen over the auto rotate unlocks but then relocks if i flip it back round. Also randomly if i fold it back on itself it puts it to sleep. Rebuilt again, and now no rotation lock again. Not at all impressed with the fragility of this system. On this rebuild i've kept it off the net and used dell only drivers. Still no fix.

• 

16.7K Posts

June 14th, 2019 04:00

Comfy,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

1 Rookie

• 

77 Posts

June 14th, 2019 05:00

PM'd you but forgot to put my Tag in and say hi and thanks very much for helping. in the meantime i'm going to try and older build of windows.

1 Rookie

• 

77 Posts

June 16th, 2019 14:00

Just thought id update my thread. I've still not got it working but, i've got a little further. Im working from an OEM build of windows (just so everyone knows).

I've got the rotation lock to appear again in the quick find on the right. To get this (not necessarily in order) i did this...

1. Went to regedit to here...

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation

In there i was missing the key REG DWORD SensorPresent - created the key and set the value to 1

Then i went to the services and (for me) all the sensor services were set to manual and off. I re enable the all services and set them to auto start. Rebooted the laptop and now i have the rotation lock button.

The problem i am now faced with is, if i'm in the normal mode as a laptop - the rotation lock is greyed out. If i then flip it into tent mode the rotation lock free's up, but, nothing happens, no auto rotate into portrait for example. So, that's as far as i've got. Infuriating but learning all the time.

1 Rookie

• 

77 Posts

June 16th, 2019 15:00

The other thing that happens is when i flip the screen back on itself the laptop goes to sleep. Just a thing to note...

1 Message

June 23rd, 2019 08:00

Hi "Comfy",

I'm in the same boat with you on Windows 1903 with a Lenovo Yoga. Rotation is disabled after upgrading to Win10 1903.

Did Jesse help you get it working?

~M

September 15th, 2019 10:00

I´m facing the same issue with Dell Inspiron 7348

No Events found!