Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

1 Message

November 2nd, 2018 03:00

Annoying and bizarre keyboard issue

Hey guys, I have such a weird,small, but equally annoying issue on my keyboard which i can't seem to find anything written about it. For some reason in the last couple of weeks the keyboard keys of number 2, and the increase brightness key (which is under F12) are doing the same thing. For example if I am typing an email and press 2 the brightness increases. If i am typing in a word doc and press the brightness increase button the number 2 will appear. If I am watching a YouTube video and want to increase the brightness the video will skip to the 2 position and so on and so on. From my knowledge it's only these two keys which have started acting up - i haven't noticed any other keys doing the same weird thing. I've checked all the obvious keyboard settings, updated keyboard driver etc but still have the same issue. I know it seems like a small thing but it's incredibly annoying. Anyone have any ideas? Guy

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 2nd, 2018 08:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused & will be glad to assist you with this.

Did you observe this issue after any recent BIOS or Windows updates?

Have you tried using the on-screen keyboard or an external keyboard to check if the #2 key works?

What is the BIOS version installed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

No Events found!