Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AN

55 Posts

May 26th, 2020 21:00

Auto Display Brightness

Just received the XPS 15 9500 today. 

I noticed when "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes" is selected, the display is constantly cycling through varying degrees of brightness. This was so problematic that I had to disable this setting. The laptop was not moved from my kitchen table and there were no issues with lighting changes. Using a Lenovo 940 with a 4K display did not produce this behavior.  

• 

25.1K Posts

May 26th, 2020 21:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

55 Posts

June 1st, 2020 07:00

Please don’t bother reaching out to me. You’re not capable of providing any level of assistance. I tried for over a week to get in contact with this foreign company Dell and it is clear that no one possesses the business or technological acumen to support its customers. I did not purchase a $2500 laptop to be referred to a community of Computer novices and hacks. 

1 Message

June 18th, 2020 22:00

Same issue with same model, from day one. Also maybe related: most of the time the manual brightness adjustment doesnt work, whether the auto brightness is on or not. I can get it to work for a while after a full reboot, but not disabling and reenabling the driver (as one forum suggested). All drivers are up to date, windows is up to date, and it seems (from forums) as if this is a common problem. Any fixes on the way? Ive owned a dell of some stripe consistently as my primary computer for over 20 years and there are often small bugs like this but overall ive been happy with support. Please help.

55 Posts

June 19th, 2020 05:00

Auto Display Brightness simply does not function properly. Sooner or later Dell India Corp. will respond. I’ll tell you, the more I use this laptop, coupled with the ridiculous responses I get from Dell India Corp., the more I’m convinced that this laptop was released too early. Here, you have company personnel that have no clue how this laptop functions,  features, contents outside of the marketing PDFs. I’m probably going to start another thread regarding the sound. The sound does not appear to be capable of producing any bass. Even increasing the base from 0 to 10 produces no discernible difference. However, I’ll save this problem for another thread.

No Events found!