Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

6 Posts

August 16th, 2019 05:00

XPS 15 9550, black screen, help

Hi all, Basically I've had black screen and the screen diagnostic works but holding power button for 10/30 secs does nothing. Any help be much appreciated given out of warranty obviously.

6 Posts

August 28th, 2019 13:00

Hi all, 

Posted a few weeks ago regarding how laptop went into black screen when I tried turning on. 

After sending laptop back as I expected it was a motherboard issue where its supposedly "shorted" due to power overload, now whether this due to the whole battery saga that dell had with xps recalling all batteries a few months ago who knows.

What this means is I'm now looking at over £600 pound repair bill! For a new motherboard. 

Frankly I'm quite shocked as I've had laptop for 2 years and it hasn't exactly been put through it's paces, I'd definitely expected it to last longer given the high quality of the system. 

Been told its to be expected of electronics and they don't last but having a laptop die so horribly out of warranty is frustrating and I've lost all confidence in dell products now.

Any advice or am I expecting too much from laptop to work longer past 2 years or use?

6 Posts

August 30th, 2019 02:00

I'd love to give a further update but again this forums message box is broken! Infuriating is a understatement with anything Dell!

No Events found!