Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 8th, 2019 07:00

XPS 13 9370, Bluetooth malfunction

This has happened twice so far.

I bought a Logitech M535 bluetooth mouse a few months ago and paired it to my XPS 13 9370. It worked perfectly fine for months. When I was done using my laptop I would turn the mouse off and put the laptop to sleep. Randomly one day I woke the laptop and powered the mouse on... but it didn't work. I checked the bluetooth settings and found that the mouse was showing paired. I did some basic stuff, turned the mouse back on and off, swapped the batteries, but it still didn't work. I then tried to remove the mouse and repair it - except when I tried to repair it, the mouse wouldn't be detected.

This led me to checking the Device Manager and found that no matter what I did - I couldn't get the mouse to actually fully remove itself. I tried to: Uninstall and remove the Bluetooth drivers from Windows, manually remove the Mouse under the Bluetooth device in Device manager, fully wipe the device again and manually reinstall the latest bluetooth drivers from Dell.com, update my BIOS, restart the machine. Every time I would do any of this, and did a scan of hardware changes in Device Manager, the bluetooth mouse would return and the Win10 Bluetooth setting screen would say the device was "paired". I simply could not get it to unpair. To make sure it wasn't something weird with my mouse I verified I was able to pair it to my Android phone and it worked fine.

At this point I contacted Dell support and they spent over an hour troubleshooting... eventually telling me to contact Logitech because it was likely a problem with them. I knew that wouldn't lead anywhere so I tried anyway and of course they said it was a Windows issue. I ended up just buying another bluetooth mouse and calling it a day.

Flashfoward to today. I have a cheap bluetooth mouse from Tecknet. And the issue has happened again. And now I've recycled all of the same troubleshooting steps. Dell has been zero help.

Has anyone seen this before? Any idea a solution?

March 11th, 2019 06:00

Bumping this because I found a solution.

After doing some more digging around Google I found this program. It adds a powershell cmdlet that when you run, forces all BT devices to become unpaired. After doing this I was able to repair my bluetooth mouse successfully. So if anyone happens to see this, - this works.

1 Message

May 5th, 2019 13:00

I was having the same issue with a Tecknet mouse, but was able to uninstall and reinstall but even having to do that is a pain.  Thanks for the additional info on the powershell force unpair tool should I have to eventually resort to that.

No Events found!