Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 7th, 2018 15:00

Can't Turn On Bluetooth XPS 13 9350

My bluetooth is not on and I can't turn it on.

If i type bluetooth in search bar, i see option for 'bluetooth and other device settings'

if i click on it, there is no option to turn bluetooth on/off and if i try to add device it says bluetooth isn't on

note that dell had to replace my wireless card a few months back (with an intel card) but i'm now out of warranty.

endless headaches with this computer.

any ideas?

1 Message

January 7th, 2020 03:00

I have had this issue and nothing anyone suggested seemed to work for me. Through almost sheer luck, I've found a fix.

In settings, search for "device manager" and open it. I can't remember which section it was under (it no longer shows it for me as there is no error) but after opening the section, it will have an "unknown driver" (with a yellow error symbol next to it) that cannot be found. You can then click on it and it will suggest updating it via the internet - you should do this and it will immediately fix your bluetooth.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 7th, 2018 17:00

Check Device Manager and make sure Bluetooth is listed there and not disabled. Your model should have Bluetooth and this card if the correct card* was reinstalled. If it is not, add a Bluetooth adapter cheaply like this one.

• *DW1820A 2x2 802.11ac 2.4/5GHz + Bluetooth4.1. 

15 Posts

May 23rd, 2018 08:00

so when i go to the driver, there is a yellow exclamation point and in properties it says:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I've updated the driver and still not working.

any ideas

18 Posts

September 19th, 2018 13:00

My bluetooth just went into a disabled state this morning. I just received an update from microsoft (KB4464218) The update details suggest that there is no relation to my problem. just before this happened. I am not sure if the update is the cause   or the card has failed. No other problems that I can tell. I have runn the usual debugging and gone into device manager and deleted the device and the driver file (in case they were corrupted) and re-scanned for the device which was found and re-installed with the qualcom driver. My problem is I do not know how to tell if the failure is due to the update or is an actual hardware failure. I downloaded and re-installed the drivers from the Dell support website for my service tag.

1 Message

November 17th, 2018 21:00

i had to disable the driver and then enable it again.

steps

• windows key, type "device manager"
  • in device manager find your bluetooth device, double click to open the drop down
  • find the device with the exclamation mark, right click disable
  • then right click on it again to enable

at that point my bluetooth kicked in immediately

see of the menu here

https://pasteboard.co/HNGVxiD.png

January 14th, 2019 17:00

I went to device manager, disabled bluetooth and then enabled it on my Dell XPS and it started working again. Now if I can get the mouse pointer to stop freezing

January 14th, 2019 17:00

I went to device manager, disabled bluetooth and then enabled it on my Dell XPS and it started working again. Now if I can get the mouse pointer to stop freezing

15 Posts

February 28th, 2019 17:00

The Bluetooth on this computer is such a complete utter piece of garbage.

This is a continual problem.

I go to use Bluetooth and it's not on, no way to turn it on.  There is a yellow exclamation point next to the bluetooth driver.  I disable, and re-enable.  Nothing.  

Sometimes I have to completely uninstall the bluetooth driver and then restart the computer.

Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.

Now my bluetooth is on and it won't recognize my AIRPODS

9.4K Posts

March 1st, 2019 04:00

Hi cdogstu99,

I replied to your thread here.

14 Posts

June 18th, 2019 12:00

I have the same problem and just found this thread. It's been a few months since I needed BT but it used to work. Now it's missing.

However, what's the next step when bluetooth is completely missing from Device Manager. It's just not there.

September 27th, 2019 13:00

Its under view then show hidden devices. That is where mine went today. I have no exclamation points just hardware i can't disable or enable...

November 27th, 2019 12:00

also hilarious, when i followed the link from the Community Service person I clicked on 'how to download best driver ' link it which lead to a product page of new Dell - very subtle lol should I just throw mine in the trash and buy new one? The bluetooth problem has been occurring since I got this computer and the restart used to solve it ( not that its a good thing) but then it stopped working. 

November 27th, 2019 12:00

I have exact same problem and it is driving (sic!) me insane

no question marks near Bluetooth in Device Manager just no way to turn it on. 

REALLY FRUSTRATING

1 Message

December 4th, 2019 06:00

So I found a solution that worked for me,

Install the latest driver, remove the device in device manager then Shutdown.

NOTE DO NOT CHOOSE RESTART

Then start the laptop again once the power has gone completely off. and viola one working Bluetooth button.

No Events found!