Unsolved

Closed

A

1 Message

March 24th, 2023 11:00

Customer Service refuse to help with faulty XPS despite being in warranty

XPS 15 9510

XPS 15 9510

Over the last 2 months I've being trying to get a technician to assist with resolving a dead Nvidia graphics card in my XPS 15 (9510). After a few display driver crashes during intensive tasks my graphics card just stopped being detected by my laptop. I'm now stuck with the onboard graphics and no sign of the NVidia card anywhere on my system.

The issue appeared the month my warranty was set to expire so I opened a service request through the 'My Dell' on my laptop. After some back and forth I was told they were unable to help because I was no longer in Australia and that I had to contact 'International Support'. After some back and forth with 'International Support' they told me they were unable to help me cause the laptop was registered in Australia. So after swapping the ownership from myself to me and my temporary address in Canada and following up about my service request they inform me my Premium Support is expired and I will be charged for a technician. After hours on the phone being sent back and forth to the 'In warranty' and 'out of warranty' department explaining that my issue existed while still in warranty and the wild goose chase they sent me on had now put me outside of warranty. I am still stuck with this issue that I have proof happened within warranty with documentation, images and email threads.

The frustrating part is I was contacted by a dell employee in the month my Premium Support was set to expire, asking if I wanted to extend my warranty. I informed them that I was interested but I had just opened a service request. They then said that I would have to resolve this issue prior to extending warranty. 

So pretty much I spend $3500 on a laptop, 12 months later the graphics card fails. Open a service request. Sent around in circles by customer service for months only to be told I'm out of warranty. Even after explaining all this and getting the dell representative to finally understand my series of events they still can't help me because their system/protocol doesn't allow an exception like this. I told him this shouldn't be an exception as I haven't done anything wrong and I would like to talk to a supervisor. Apparently there are no supervisors so I'm out of luck. 

What do I do? Am I the first person this has happened to? Either dell should honor my initial date I placed the service request and for it to be covered by warranty or just admit that they conveniently had me jumping through hoops until I was out of warranty only to tell me 'sorry bad luck'.

No Responses!
No Events found!