Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

June 9th, 2020 20:00

DELL XPS 15 9560 Hinge Problem and Overheating Issues (Persistent)

Got my unit last Sep 2018, unit was running perfectly for the first year and then problem started to show up.

I've noticed that whenever I flip the laptop screen, the left hinge gets misaligned which causes the bottom panel and the keyboard panel to create an opening. The gap is sizable which I assumed became an entryway for dirt to accumulate easily. Anyway, just last night as opened it, the bottom panel screw came off and as I was trying to tighten it, it wouldn't lock. And now I can't flip the display over at all. I decided to open the bottom panel and find the thin sheet of metal with another screw, next to the power input to be broken. I also noticed that the power input and USB port had a small gap with the exterior opening, thus having a loose grip. Found users facing the same problem. What can I do about this?

Before the hinge problem, another issue which I assumed to be related is excessive overheating (caused by the opening in the hinge), especially when charging. My unit heats up even just after 5-10 min of light usage. It can't run anything smoothly, not even a single tab in Chrome. I noticed it operating normally when unplugged. As I checked the bottom, there's dirt accumulated, but not as bad as how it was when I had it cleaned last Feb. I read other users also facing the same problem. I hope you could help me with this as I really need to work ASAP. Thanks.

received_1437914309725527.jpeg

No Responses!
No Events found!