Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

August 18th, 2020 07:00

Dell 9350 (XPS 13) External HDMI Monitors Attached to USB C Hub do not resume from sleep

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else can offer a fix for this problem. I have:

• Dell XPS 13 9350 (this is the QHD version with Iris 540 Graphics and a single Thunderbolt 3 USB C port).

• USB Triple Display Hub (Utech Smart Triple Display 12 in 1 Type C Model UCN 3278). This has 3 HDMI ports.

• (2) Dell E2318HR monitors connected to the USB Hub

• The problem I'm about to describe DOES NOT OCCUR in a Dell Lattitude 7480 that I also plug in to the hub.

Problem: When I plug the hub into the USB C port on the Dell 9350, everything worked as expected. Then, once the computer went to sleep, it no longer worked. The only solution I have found has been to completely turn off the computer. A simple restart has not helped.

Fixes I've tried that didn't work:

• Unplug monitors and/or hub and plug them back in.

• Reinstall graphics card driver. This works, but only initially, then the behavior returns upon the next sleep.

• Disable various power options

• "Hybrid Sleep"

• "USB Selective Suspend"

• "PCI Express Link Power State Management"

• "Turn on fast startup" turned off

• Tried to "Hibernate" instead of "sleep" and got the same result.

Anyone have any further ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

1 Message

January 14th, 2022 07:00

I am also experiencing a delay with wireless USB keyboard/mouse strokes/movement when I have my USB adapter plugged into the Utech Smart triple display hub. I just moved my USB adapter for keyboard/mouse to main USB port on my Dell laptop, no pause/delay now. These seem to have some type of defect that needs to be addressed.

No Events found!